A data scientist’s career is one of the fastest expanding occupations worldwide. The explanation for this could be that people are attracted to the lucrative six-figure incomes or have a talent for data analysis and enjoy dealing with large amounts of data.
This review will look into DataCamp, one of the most popularly recommended platforms for people learning to code in the Data Science industry.
Table of contents
Before diving into what DataCamp is all about, it should only be fitting to tap into the basics of the increasingly growing Data Science industry.
What is Data Science?
Data volumes have expanded as contemporary technology has facilitated the creation and storage of ever-increasing amounts of data. This technology’s vast amounts of data can provide significant benefits to companies and society worldwide, but only if humans can analyze it. This analysis process is where data science enters the picture.
Data science refers to filtering, collecting, and modifying data to undertake advanced data analysis. Analytic applications and data scientists can then review the results to uncover patterns and enable company leaders to make informed decisions.
Through time, data science became more and more in demand. That is why many seek to learn how to code. If you are one of them, DataCamp is the place for you.
What is DataCamp?
DataCamp is among several distinct Massive Open Online Course or MOOC providers. DataCamp, like other online learning platforms, will let you pick and select from various online programs to help you improve your data science and analytics skills.
DataCamp is an online learning platform that focuses on data science and analytics. It is the first online learning platform dedicated to teaching data science to individuals who want to learn more about the subject. It provides more than 350 courses taught by one of Datacamp’s over 260 skilled professors and major universities such as Duke University.
DataCamp programs are challenging and engaging for both beginners and experienced learners, with immersive courses and real-world projects appropriate for students of all ability levels.
So, if you want to improve or expand your data skills yet are still unsure where to take yourself, Datacamp is the ideal online platform for you. All of the programs get designed to allow you to learn at your speed.
DataCamp has partnered with over 1,600 enterprises and 3000 academic institutions to provide education to over 7 million students in over 180 countries.
Who is DataCamp For?
DataCamp is for anyone who wishes to learn more about data science applications. It could be for students, teachers, and even business professionals.
DataCamp for Students
DataCamp attracts more and more learners around the globe as they become curious about what data science and programming can offer. DataCamp offers various courses that could accommodate one’s interests.
DataCamp for Teachers
DataCamp graciously provides free access to instructors; all they have to do is apply to acquire over 1,200 hours of data science courses. One may design tasks for their students and track their growth and progress as educators.
DataCamp for Business
DataCamp also works with businesses . It has worked with over 1,600 firms, and 80 percent of Fortune 1000 companies utilize DataCamp to develop and strengthen their employees. DataCamp for Business focuses on improving the data-driven decision-making skills of everyone in the organization. It provides everyone on their team with convenient online training. Its interactive classes are taught by one of the experienced instructors, so you can be confident you are getting the greatest education possible.
The TL;DR: Pros and Cons of DataCamp
Like any other online learning platform, DataCamp also has its share of pros and cons.
- Engaging & Immersive: Datacamp courses get designed to be interactive, with many videos and fun assignments to do.
- Open for New Instructors: Unlike many other online course providers, DataCamp allows almost anybody to administer a class. Of course, you must demonstrate your qualifications, but you do not need to be hired at a big university to give a lecture here. Moreover, you can earn royalties through the revenue sharing scheme and spread your effect and lectures to a global audience by teaching on DataCamp. You can create DataCamp projects for students, teach classes, or create brief practice tasks.
- Various Platforms are Available: DataCamp is available on many different platforms. You may access the classes from a personal computer, laptop, or mobile device because everything is 100% online. You may also get unlimited access to mobile courses and practice exercises with a mobile-only membership.
- Experts with Years of Experience: More than 270 specialists from the data science and analytics community are attending.
- DataCamp offers a Large Selection: DataCamp gets designed for both complete novices and intermediate learners. Everyone will find something to their liking.
- A Simple and Reasonable Pricing Structure: A Start For Free plan is available, which allows you access to the first few chapters of programs and examinations. The courses on this site are simple to understand and are also transparent.
- Courses only taught in English: Programs at DataCamp only get offered in English. Subtitles in Chinese, German, French, Italian, Korean, Japanese, Spanish, Russian, and Portuguese are available. However, you cannot download them with the videos for offline viewing.
- Only a few course categories are available: Unlike many other platforms that provide programs in various subjects such as the humanities and business, DataCamp focuses solely on data science and analytics. While there are over 350 courses in this field, it is deficient in other disciplines, making it difficult to broaden your horizons and learn more about different topics. Furthermore, some of DataCamp’s video courses are a little short and lack information, leaving you with the impression that you are missing something.
- No Certificate of Accreditation: DataCamp does not provide recognized accreditation. Instead, after completing the course, a Statement of Accomplishment is issued.
Why Choose DataCamp?
With over 350 courses to select from and nearly 300 experienced teachers from prominent schools, one will find DataCamp to be a useful tool to develop one’s abilities and engage with a like-minded community of professionals.
DataCamp’s programs are interactive and focus on the effects of data science and analytics. DataCamp is the place to go to increase the overall grasp of this difficult and in-demand field, whether you are just a part of a corporation or just an individual attempting to develop your skills.
Still not convinced? Below is a list of more reasons why you should choose DataCamp.
DataCamp is Easy to Use
The overall user interface is straightforward. Launch a web browser and navigate to DataCamp’s website to get started. Then, in the pop-up box, input your information to begin learning for free and establish an account. After entering your information, you will need to fill out a basic profile.
When you first visit the DataCamp home page , you will note that it gets set up to let you study, exercise, and work collaboratively. Once you have chosen a course to learn, DataCamp will create a dashboard for you, with the instruction box on half of the screen and the code box on the other.
The guidelines initially educate you about a language’s grammar before giving you some code snippets and an activity. Moreover, the instructions in DataCamp are both text-based and video-based, which is a wonderful feature. This feature offers some coding exercises. You enter code in the coding box, run it and verify the results, and then submit it when you are pleased with it. If you get it right, you get XP points. However, you will receive instruction if you do not code it correctly.
Another fantastic feature of DataCamp is that it will test you as you go. Instead of a coding exercise, it will present you with multiple-choice questions, which you must answer correctly and submit.
DataCamp is Very Engaging
Datacamp is a web-based interactive learning tool that teaches data science concepts. Beginners and learners looking for dynamic content will enjoy the courses’ entertaining and bite-sized style. Its courses and track programs get geared toward acquiring new skills and pursuing new career opportunities.
When you join DataCamp, you will find that the content is exceptional. This platform has partnered with various successful businesses to equip its students with the skills they need to succeed and train its staff to be successful in their professions.
As a student, you can use the free test version to get a sense of the quality of a class before enrolling. You can also read the instructor’s biography for the course. This content will allow you to become a professional in the world of coding.
Other Features of DataCamp
DataCamp strives to be distinctive and provide a competitive advantage in online education. The following are some of DataCamp’s features:
- There is no set timetable. Training is adaptable and can be customized to fit into anyone’s schedule.
- There are no advertisements, promotions, or other distractions. DataCamp does not bombard you with ads or promotions that would otherwise be distracting during a course. Instead, you will get a one-on-one training session. It is similar to having a one-on-one lesson with the instructor.
- When you submit the correct answer to exercises or complete courses, you get Experience Points or XP. This exercise is solely to motivate students to learn.
- There is a built-in interpreter. DataCamp provides a programming window or code box that runs in the browser, so there is no need to install anything on your PC.
Datacamp is a subscription-based service with several different plans from which you can choose. The cost of DataCamp courses varies depending on the pricing option you choose. Moreover, DataCamp is a platform open to both individuals and businesses.
As an individual, you can choose from three different plans.
- Individuals can sign up for free. This option is a great way to get started and get the feel of the platform for yourself. You will have access to all of the courses, but only one chapter each course. This freebie may not appear to be much, but it will allow you to assess the level of training given and determine whether DataCamp is a perfect fit for you.
- The next level is called the basic plan. You receive access to forty-four courses for $25 each month.
- The premium level is the last. It costs $29 a month and gives you access to 314 different courses. Instead of seven projects, you will be working on all 81. This option is a significant upgrade above the basic level, and it is well worth the investment.
DataCamp for Business has two business plans from which you can choose. Either Professional or Enterprise. All core courses get included in both programs and early access to new courses.
- The Professional plan costs $25 per user a month. To be eligible for the plan, you must have a minimum of 5 users.
- The Enterprise plan is the other option. This plan gets done on a customized, case-by-case basis. If you wish to take advantage of this plan, you will have to contact DataCamp directly.
As time passes, more and more data circulates the globe, and it is only important to understand and analyze this data to make sense of it. This stark and ever-changing reality is why many learners and even skilled professionals look for an avenue to learn and teach what they know to hone future programmers.
At present, there are a lot of different online learning platforms to choose from, and setting oneself up for a specific profession and field might be difficult.
However, that difficulty is what DataCamp is here to combat! It is an excellent online learning platform for anyone interested in beginning or continuing their programming journey. Whether it is a personal hobby or in pursuit of a career, DataCamp has the courses and tools you need to succeed.
Ready to start your data journey?